The All India Contract and Non-Regularized Workers Federation (AICNRWF) observed National Demand Day on 22 September 2017 with a 9-point charter of demands. Memorandums were submitted to the Prime Minister and Labour Minister from various places on this occasion. The demands are as follows:
1. The system of contract and outsourcing workers should be stopped and such workers should be regularized without delay in government as well as private sectors.
2. Equal pay for equal work should be guaranteed in accordance with the Supreme Court directive (minimum wage Rs 20,000).
3. Proceedings to revoke the SC ruling on equal pay for equal work and Rule 25 of CLARA should be stopped immediately.
4. Anti-worker amendments/proposals in the labour laws should be immediately stopped.
5. All contract and non-regular workers should be given guarantee of wages, employment, social security and respectable working terms and conditions.
6. Guarantee of wage/honorarium/incentive payments, and 10% fine for delayed payments.
7. Full unionization rights for contract and non-regular workers.
8. Laying off contract and non-regular workers without full procedure of ‘natural justice’ should be stopped.
9. Full safety measures and equipment for workers engaged in dangerous jobs.
About 500 workers protested with the above demands on National Demand Day in front of the Collector’s office at Durg (Chhattisgarh). A memorandum was submitted to the PM through the Collector.
A State Level conference was organized to observe National Demand Day at Bhubaneshwar in Odisha. Railway, steel, sanitation and housekeeping workers participated in the conference. Com. Mahendra Parida read out the 9 point memorandum of demands.
Contract workers under the banner of the Bihar State Contract-Honorarium United Front took out a march in Laheriyaserai, Darbhanga, Bihar. The march culminated in a meeting at the Collectorate and a memorandum was submitted to the PM through the Collector. National Demand Day programmes were also held at Madhubani, Munger, Patna, Vaishali and other districts.