Five left parties in Odisha- CPI, CPI (M), CPI (ML), SUCI (C) and the Forward Block submitted a memorandum to the CM of Odisha on the Bhadrak communal violence that took place on April 9, 2017. The five point demands include:
1. To ensure peace in Bhadrak town with the help of a peace committee taking along all political parties with the district administration.
2. Stringent action must be taken against those trying to create communal violence.
3. Adequate compensation must be provided to the victims of the communal violence.
4. Action must be taken against the persons who uploaded messages in order to create communal tension in Bhadrak.
5. The state government must take appropriate preventive actions to ensure that RSS and the VHP do not take try to create further communal tensions.
The delegation team comprised of Com. Yudhistir Mahapatra and Com. Mahendra Parida from CPI (ML), Com. Diwakar Naik from CPI, Com. Ali Kishore Pattnaik from CPI(M), Com. Udhab Jena from SUCI(C)and Com. Jyoti Ranjan Mahapatra from the Forward Block.